VisualRoute combines the tools Traceroute, Ping, and Whois into an easy-to-use graphical interface that analyzes Internet connections to quickly locate where an outage or slowdown occurs. In addition, VisualRoute identifies the geographical location of IP addresses and Web servers on a global map--key information for security purposes to help identify network intruders and Internet abusers.
Several new edition options provide advanced tracing options, such as reverse tracing and remote tracing via a web browser, port testing and application availability testing. A new report graph displays an instant picture of connection performance, tabbed display enables views of multiple test reports.
The ping capabilities provide a good idea of whether or not the site is live, while traceroute will help determine where along the route the problem lies. VisualRoute's traceroute provides three types of data: an overall analysis, a data table, and a geographical view of the routing. The analysis is a brief description of the number of hops, where problems occurred, and the type of Web server software running at the site you are trying to reach. The data table lists information for each hop, including the IP address, node name, geographical location and the major Internet backbone where each server resides. The World map gives a graphical representation of the actual path of an Internet connection. Users can zoom in/out and move the map around to position it as desired. A mouse click on a server or network name opens a pop-up Whois window, providing instant contact information for problem reporting.
» version 14.0l - posted on 2011-11-30
Database Update, Stability issues fixed, Whois issue fixed, Localhost location bug fix, port probing made available for all editions
» version 11.0e - posted on 2007-01-04
minor bug fixes
EULA - End User License Agreement
VISUALROUTE LICENSE AGREEMENT
This License Agreement is a legal agreement between you (an individual or an entity) and Visualware Inc. for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT identified above, which includes computer software and electronic documentation. You should carefully read the following terms and conditions before using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed, not sold. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. By installing, copying, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Visualware grants you the non-exclusive right to install and use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on a single computer system. If you install the trialware version of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you have 15-days in which to try the SOFTWARE PRODUCT before you must purchase a License key. This license is not transferable. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT must be purchased for each and every computer system that it is used on.
2. RESTRICTIONS. (A) You must comply with all applicable laws regarding the use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. (B) You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. (C) You may not rent or lease the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. (D) You may not distribute copies of the activated SOFTWARE PRODUCT to third parties. (E) You accept our right to audit your compliance with this agreement by monitoring computer and product usage.
3. TERMINATION. Visualware may terminate this license agreement if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this license agreement. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
4. NO WARRANTY. Any use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Visualware and its suppliers disclaim all warranties and conditions, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and noninfringement.
5. NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Visualware or its suppliers be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, even if Visualware has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Visualware's entire liability and your exclusive remedy under this License Agreement shall not exceed your purchase price.
VisualRoute Lite Edition FREE VisualRoute Lite Edition analyzes your Internet connection and identifies where problems occur, determining if slow performance is due to your ISP or a problem on the Internet. The graphical report shows the network route from your computer to your destination, identifies the network devices... Download